Wild & Rustic 1960s Experience
Connect with me to rediscover Singapore’s multi-ethnic heritage, explore must-see places, taste local cuisines, and experience a close-up encounter with native wildlife and much more! As a 3rd generation local, I have lots of personal stories to share!
Main highlights of your itinerary:
- A 10 mins bumboat ride which will transport one back to Singapore in the 1960s.
- Pulau Ubin (meaning Granite Island in Malay) holds Singapore’s last remaining kampong (village in Malay)!
- Come and meet a few of the local residents and learn about their simple way of life.
- At the eastern part of the island, discover 6 different Eco-systems and expect surprising encounters with the wildlife! Climb up a 21-meter tower that offers an amazing panoramic view of the wetlands and neighboring islands too.
- Of course there are many stories to be told; WWII, wild ‘immigrants’, German Girl Shrine, and much more!
- After all the above and before heading back to the mainland Singapore, enjoy a refreshing coconut accompanied by kampong cuisine.
Available on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday, this tour will take approximately 4 hours (9am – 1pm).
To fully enjoy and appreciate the local guide experience, small group (max 6 pax) bookings are preferred.
*This experience will only take place if a minimum group of 4 pax is formed.
*The minimum age requirement for children is 7 years old.
KAREN CHEN is a Singapore Tourism Board (STB) licensed guide (with 8 years of experience) and a Specialised Naturalist.
Patience is her greatest virtue and she loves to make new friends! In her free time, she reads, shoots (photography) and eats! She is looking forward to sharing her stories and hearing yours!
Email enquires to email@example.com