Ethnic Heritage Tour
Connect with me to rediscover Singapore’s multi-ethnic heritage, explore must-see places, taste local cuisines, and experience a close-up encounter with the native wildlife and much more! As a 3rd generation local, I have lots of personal stories to share!
Main highlights of your local heritage experience:
- The colours, smells and taste of spices which will evoke your senses in Little India.
- Chinatown Heritage Centre is an unique open museum that takes you back to post-war Singapore in the late 1950s. Experience how living in a 8×8 feet cubicle was like with 6 children! Squat in a bucket toilet (NOT TO USE!), and uncover the hidden world and secrets in the streets of old Chinatown.
- At the Buddha Tooth Relic temple, one MUST VISIT the hall where the tooth relic of Buddha is displayed in a gold room (REAL GOLD!). The interior of the temple is just breathtaking!
- The Pinnacle@Duxton is a public housing project therefore, the skybridge is open to both residents and the public. Enjoy scenic views of the city from the 50th storey skybridge, and catch a glimpse of the homes lived by Singaporeans.
- Take a bumboat ride along Singapore River – it’s my favourite way to explore the civic district, as you learn the humble beginnings of Singapore, from Temasek to Singapura (Lion City).
Available on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday, this tour will take approximately 6 hours (9am – 3pm).
To fully enjoy and appreciate the local guide experience, small group (max 4 pax) bookings are preferred.
*This experience will only take place if a minimum group of 2 pax is formed.
*The minimum age requirement for children is 7 years old.
KAREN CHEN is a Singapore Tourism Board (STB) licensed guide (with 8 years of experience) and a Specialised Naturalist.
Patience is her greatest virtue and she loves to make new friends! In her free time, she reads, shoots (photography) and eats! She is looking forward to sharing her stories and hearing yours!
Email enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org